DAY 5 Prompt: GRATITUDE
Make a list of at least 10 things you are grateful for & describe at least 3 of these things (person, place, thing, experience…) in more detail. Turn up the feelings you feel as you describe them.
In no particular order:
- Brett has been there for me for a very long time. We’ve been together since 1990. Dated a while before we got married and now we’ll be married for 22 years. It may sound cheesy, but he’s my rock, my foundation. He supports and cares for me and without him I would not be who I am.
- Jeanne has kept Brett and I from committing financial suicide. She’s gotten us on a path towards fiscal responsibility and freedom. She continues to guide us with loving intent. If it were not for her I am not sure we’d still have this house that we live in (more on that later) and all the other good material things in our life.
- My Spiritual Being/Path for which I am so grateful that I can still look at the world with wonder and see magick and possibilities in things every single day.
- My Job(s) that help keep the bills paid. While it is more than just a source of income, it satisfies and fulfills me in a deep way. It is more than mere work. It is part of (but not the whole of) my life’s work. It continues to keep me aligned with my soul.
- My Material Things that I so deeply appreciate – the home in which I live, the food in those cabinets that I can feed myself with, the clothes in my closet that I can wear. My computer, my phone, every thing that is in my life that makes my life easier and comfortable. I never forget. I have been without and in this time of personal plenty, I am deeply deeply thankful.
- My body and health I am thankful for. I can ambulate. I can walk, talk, move, communicate. Think creatively and express myself eloquently. While I may not be the perfect body or in perfect health — I recognize that while things could be better, things could also be much, much worse. I am deeply grateful that I can do things like see, smell, hear, taste and touch — and move.
- Friends have also blessed me with their supportive presence. Like my husband, Brett, I can turn to them for advice and they kindly give me their thoughts and consideration.
- Co-Workers have also blessed me with their support in a professional capacity and provided a community that I can rely upon.
- Nature in all its pervasive beauty. I still marvel at the hills that surround my home and enjoy the peace that a walk in the park can bring.
- The Universe which always has my back.